Saturday, September 11, 2010

How To Turn an 80mm Fork into a Rigid

Oh yeah, a few weeks ago I had rebuilt my fork. Well, that means I changed the seals and the oil, but I tore the fork apart and cleaned it to do this.
Well I bought the oil from JensonUSA, the oil that I thought I would use...



Yeah that's right, fox float oil. Ok that was the only oil they had on the website, so that must be the right stuff. I changed the oil in the fork and refilled it with the fox float oil. Cool. The fork didn't leak. But the fork didn't travel either.

I did some research and I learned that the float oil was only to lube the top foam rings when you do an overhaul, but a lighter weight oil went in the fork. I had put 75wt. oil in where I needed 7wt.



That is what the bottle for the right oil looks like. This is 10wt. and I actually used 7wt.

No comments:

Post a Comment