Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summit Trail to Mud Springs - Tibble Fork

This morning was a good ride, we met at the split at 5:30, shuttled up to Salamander flats.

Russ, Royce Terry and I were in the first load, others joined later.

We unwittingly parked near some tent campers, and I think we woke them up, so we quietly unloaded the bikes, and turned on our lights and headed up Willow Hollow to the Summit trail.

At the Summit Trail, Lionel and Matt joined us.

Shortly after the turnoff to Snow Gauging, we turned to the right on an overgrown trail that dipped wildly into a fun little ride. Terry might have tried out his helmet once, and we flew down the trail in the dark like secret agents in the night.

I don't know the name of the trail, so if someone wants to comment on that, it would be great to know the name. How about "Nose Break"?

Well that trail met up with Snow Gauging and then we went on to climb over to Mud Springs. We decended Mud Springs to Tibble Fork trail and came out over the Tibble Fork dam.

I think I missed a trail name here or there, but since I'm struggling with the names, I'd love to be corrected.

Here's a video of a piece of Mud Springs Trail.



Later we actually saw a rattlesnake, never mind that it was on the asphalt, by the split, and run over beyond recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment