Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday I launched Matrix Style into a tree

The Dawn Patrol pre launch meeting



Russ, Jeff, Randy, Bill and I met at the Tibble Fork turnout

We started at "Trail Crossing", denoted by a turnout spot on the paved road with a sign that reads "Trail Crossing".

We went North across the road and climbed the summit trail. Then we forked right to climb the Horse Flat trail, then the Snow Gauging trail to Timpanookee --down to the river crossing and the Timpanookee trail head and then up the dirt road to the Great Western and then Bear.

On one of the downhill sections of the Great Western I launched myself into a tree. Just for fun.

The morning ride with a sort of Blaire Witch effect



The sun was in my eyes for a second or so; I couldn't see the trail. An older pine tree, dead and white like driftwood, was laying parallel on the right side of the trail with the crown barely in the edge of the trail. I couldn't see clearly because of the sun in my eyes and the dust on the trail. My right toe caught that tree and that pulled me to the right, forcing a right turn off balance which threw me to the left into a sapling with a 2" bole which I completely folded with my left shoulder.

That was my worst wreck this year. I even have a black toe to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment