Friday, April 9, 2010

Training for Raw Rod



So getting ready to ride the RAWROD has been hard with all the rain and snow. But I think I've found it with this commute map to work. It's from Orem to Riverton going around Utah lake first. That makes it a 96 mile commute via bicycle:
Google Map of the Long Way to Work...



So in my small brain I calculate that if I can ride 30 miles to work in 1.5 hours, then pshaw, I could ride 90 miles in 4.5 hours, add another 1/2 hour for the extra six or so miles and such and I get to work in 5 hours. Yeah right. If I were Lance Armstrong maybe.

The reality is more like 7 hours. Hmm. So I leave at 5am, and get to work at 12 and ...

Ok this is stupid.

Here's my other idea...

I take a day off work and do a round trip ride, Arrive at home and CRASH!

Crash in this context would mean I walk into my bedroom on wobbly legs and fall into my bed, it hopefully does not mean crash while riding my bike and sustain injuries.




The Link to the Modified Map...

Anyone want to join me for this ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment