Sunday, February 15, 2009

Smack Down in the Mailbox


Ok. I got the reject letter. Reminds me of my high school days, asking a girl out and getting rejected. I guess I'll just try again next year, like a fool, I can't ever quit.
I'm going to volunteer for Leadville, so rejected or not, I'll be there.
This year I think there were probably a big influx of people wanting to get into Leadville because Lance was there last year and that race was popularized even more than before. I've wanted to do the race for several years, but couldn't hope to go because of other commitments. Now I can finally fit it into my life, but ironically so can many others.
There used to be a closer race, the E100 in Park City. That race seems to have died after 2007. Sad though. There seems to be a need for it. With so many racers in Utah and so many 'also rodes' like me - riders who are racing with themselves, there seems to be a race vacuum on the Wasatch Front.
Sure we have the 24 hours of Moab. That's nice, but we could use a mountain ride, with all the sweet trails we have.
On the other hand, why organize? Like the RAWROD, which I have not done ever, why not just organize epic rides.
Less commercial interest in something like an epic ride. A ride shared between the rider and the dirt. Maybe it's purer that way. When it's pure it's sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment